1. Guo, C., Xue, Y., Sun, D., Yin, Y., Hu, F., & Mao, S. (2021). Transcriptome profiling of hepatic and renal mRNAs and lncRNAs under a nutritional restriction during pregnancy in a sheep model. Genomics.
2. Xue, Y., Yin, Y., Trabi, E. B., Xie, F., Lin, L., & Mao, S. (2021). Transcriptome analysis reveals the effect of high-grain pelleted and non-pelleted diets on ruminal epithelium of Hu-lamb. Animal, 15(7), 100278.
3. Xie, F., Jin, W., Si, H., Yuan, Y., Tao, Y., Liu, J., ... & Mao, S. (2021). An integrated gene catalog and over 10,000 metagenome-assembled genomes from the gastrointestinal microbiome of ruminants. Microbiome, 9(1), 1-20.
4. Lin, L., Trabi, E. B., Xie, F., & Mao, S. (2021). Comparison of the fermentation and bacterial community in the colon of Hu sheep fed a low-grain, non-pelleted, or pelleted high-grain diet. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 105(5), 2071-2080.
5. Sun, D., Yin, Y., Guo, C., Liu, L., Mao, S., Zhu, W., & Liu, J. (2021). Transcriptomic analysis reveals the molecular mechanisms of rumen wall morphological and functional development induced by different solid diet introduction in a lamb model. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology, 12(1), 1-15.
6. Yingyun Gong, Yanfeng Xue, Xin Li, Zhao Zhang, Wenjun Zhou, Paola Marcolongo, Angiolo Benedetti, Shengyong Mao, Leng Han, Guolian Ding, Zheng Sun. (2021). Inter‐and Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Exposure to Inorganic Arsenic. Advanced Science, 8(7), 2002715
7. Zhou, Y., Jin, W., Xie, F., Mao, S., Cheng, Y., & Zhu, W. (2021). The role of Methanomassiliicoccales in trimethylamine metabolism in the rumen of dairy cows. Animal, 15(7), 100259.
8. Mu, Y. Y., Qi, W. P., Zhang, T., Zhang, J. Y., & Mao, S. Y. (2021). Gene function adjustment for carbohydrate metabolism and enrichment of rumen microbiota with antibiotic resistance genes during subacute rumen acidosis induced by a high-grain diet in lactating dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 104(2), 2087-2105.
9. Y Xue, L Lin, F Hu, W Zhu, S Mao. Disruption of ruminal homeostasis by malnutrition involved in systemic ruminal microbiota-host interactions in a pregnant sheep model. Microbiome, 2020, 8 (1), 1-14
10. L Lin, Y Wang, L Xu, J Liu, W Zhu, S Mao. Microbiome–host co-oscillation patterns in remodeling of colonic homeostasis during adaptation to a high-grain diet in a sheep model. Animal Microbiome, 2020,2 (1), 1-12
11. R Zhang, J Liu, L Jiang, S Mao. Effect of high-concentrate diets on microbial composition, function, and the VFAs formation process in the rumen of dairy cows. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 2020, 269, 114619
12. C Guo, Y Xue, Y Yin, D Sun, H Xuan, J Liu, S Mao. The effect of glycerol or rumen-protected choline chloride on rumen fermentation and blood metabolome in pregnant ewes suffering from negative energy balance. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 2020, 268, 114594
13. C Guo, Y Xue, Y Yin, H Xuan, F Hu, S Mao. Urine metabolome alterations in malnutrition and the impact of glycerol or rumen-protected choline chloride supplementation in advanced pregnant ewes. British Journal of Nutrition, 2020, 123 (11), 1258-1268
14. Y Xue, F Hu, C Guo, S Mei, F Xie, H Zeng, S Mao. Undernutrition shifted colonic fermentation and digest-associated bacterial communities in pregnant ewes. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology,2020
15. Y Xue, C Guo, F Hu, W Zhu, S Mao. Undernutrition‐induced lipid metabolism disorder triggers oxidative stress in maternal and fetal livers using a model of pregnant sheep. The FASEB Journal, 2020, 34 (5), 6508-6520
16. EB Trabi, H Seddik, F Xie, X Wang, J Liu, S Mao. Effect of pelleted high-grain total mixed ration on rumen morphology, epithelium-associated microbiota and gene expression of proinflammatory cytokines and tight junction. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 2020, 263, 114453
17. Y Xue, C Guo, F Hu, W Zhu, S Mao. PPARA/RXRA signalling regulates the fate of hepatic non-esterified fatty acids in a sheep model of maternal undernutrition. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids , 2020, 1865 (2) .158548
18. Jin, W., Zhang, Z., Zhu, K., Xue, Y., Xie, F., & Mao, S. (2019). Comprehensive Understanding of the Bacterial Populations and Metabolites Profile of Fermented Feed by 16S rRNA Gene Sequencing and Liquid Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry. Metabolites, 9(10), 239.
19. Zhang, R. Y., Liu, Y. J., Yin, Y. Y., Jin, W., Mao, S. Y., & Liu, J. H. (2019). Response of rumen microbiota, and metabolic profiles of rumen fluid, liver and serum of goats to high-grain diets. Animal, 1-10.
20. Liu, L., Sun, D., Mao, S., Zhu, W., & Liu, J. (2019). Infusion of sodium butyrate promotes rumen papillae growth and enhances expression of genes related to rumen epithelial VFA uptake and metabolism in neonatal twin lambs. Journal of Animal Science, 97(2), 909-921.
21. Liu, J., Xue, C., Sun, D., Zhu, W., & Mao, S. (2019). Impact of high‐grain diet feeding on mucosa‐associated bacterial community and gene expression of tight junction proteins in the small intestine of goats. MicrobiologyOpen, 8(6), e00745.
22. Xue, Y., Guo, C., Hu, F., Zhu, W., & Mao, S. (2019). Maternal undernutrition induces fetal hepatic lipid metabolism disorder and affects the development of fetal liver in a sheep model. The FASEB Journal, fj-201900406R.
23. Guo, C., Sun, D., Wang, X., & Mao, S. (2019). A Combined Metabolomic and Proteomic Study Revealed the Difference in Metabolite and Protein Expression Profiles in Ruminal Tissue From Goats Fed Hay or High-Grain Diets. Frontiers in Physiology, 10.
24. Liu, J., Li, H., Zhu, W., & Mao, S. (2019). Dynamic changes in rumen fermentation and bacterial community following rumen fluid transplantation in a sheep model of rumen acidosis: implications for rumen health in ruminants. The FASEB Journal, fj-201802456R.
25. Lin, L., Xie, F., Sun, D., Liu, J., Zhu, W., & Mao, S. (2019). Ruminal microbiome-host crosstalk stimulates the development of the ruminal epithelium in a lamb model. Microbiome, 7(1), 83.
26. Trabi, E. B., Seddik, H. E., Xie, F., Lin, L., & Mao, S. (2019). Comparison of the rumen bacterial community, rumen fermentation and growth performance of fattening lambs fed low-grain, pelleted or non-pelleted high grain total mixed ration. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 253, 1-12.
27. Xue, Y. F., Guo, C. Z., Hu, F., Sun, D. M., Liu, J. H., & Mao, S. Y. (2019). Molecular mechanisms of lipid metabolism disorder in livers of ewes with pregnancy toxemia. Animal, 13(5), 992-999.
28. Seddik, H., Xu, L., Wang, Y., & Mao, S. Y. (2019). A rapid shift to high-grain diet results in dynamic changes in rumen epimural microbiome in sheep. Animal, 13(8), 1614-1622.
29. Xu, L., Y. Wang, J. Liu, W. Zhu, and S. Mao. 2018. Morphological adaptation of sheep's rumen epithelium to high-grain diet entails alteration in the expression of genes involved in cell cycle regulation, cell proliferation and apoptosis. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology 9.
30. Zhang, R. Y., W. Jin, P. F. Feng, J. H. Liu, and S. Y. Mao. 2018. High-grain diet feeding altered the composition and functions of the rumen bacterial community and caused the damage to the laminar tissues of goats. Animal : an international journal of animal bioscience:1-10.
31. Guo, C., H. Li, D. Sun, J. Liu, and S. Mao. 2018. Effects of abomasal supplementation of quercetin on performance, inflammatory cytokines, and matrix metalloproteinase genes expression in goats fed a high-grain diet. Livestock Science 209:20-24.
32. Hu, F., Y. Xue, C. Guo, J. Liu, and S. Mao. 2018. The response of ruminal fermentation, epithelium-associated microbiota, and epithelial barrier function to severe feed restriction in pregnant ewes. Journal of Animal Science 96(10):4293-4305.
33. Sun, D. M., S. Y. Mao, W. Y. Zhu, and J. H. Liu. 2018. Effect of starter diet supplementation on rumen epithelial morphology and expression of genes involved in cell proliferation and metabolism in pre-weaned lambs. Animal : an international journal of animal bioscience 12(11):2274-2283.
34. Sun, D., H. Li, S. Mao, W. Zhu, and J. Liu. 2018a. Effects of different starch source of starter on small intestinal growth and endogenous GLP-2 secretion in preweaned lambs. Journal of Animal Science 96(1):306-317.
35. Jin, W., Y. Li, Y. Cheng, S. Mao, and W. Zhu. 2018. The bacterial and archaeal community structures and methanogenic potential of the cecal microbiota of goats fed with hay and high-grain diets. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology 111(11):2037-2049.